•10 Tips for Killer Website Design
•7 Sure shots ways to improve your website
•Attracting Visitors and Improving Your Search Results
•Chasing the Search Engines Algorithms
•Crash Course in Getting a 1 Google Ranking
•Design Your Site for Traffic in 2005
•Designing A Website That Sells
•Googles Good Writing Content Filter
•How to Write Effective Web Copy
•How to Write Title Tags for Your Web Pages
•JSP Scripting Elements and Variables
•Java Brewing A Tutorial
•Java How to Send Email in Java
•Java Intro to JSP
•Java JSP Browser Detection
•Java JSP Syntax
•Java JSP versus ASP
•Java MySQL Database Connection
•Java Programming Language
•Java Virtual Machine
•Make Money Fast With Google Adwords
•Make Money On The Internet What Is Your Niche
•Make Money Quick With Google Adsense
•Ranked 1 at Google for Invisible Entrepreneurs But No Traffic
•Ruby Basic Input Output
•Ruby Classes Objects and Variables
•Ruby Containers Blocks and Iterators
•Ruby and the Web
•SEO One Way Web Links 5 Strategies
•SEO Success Step Two - Attracting Search Engine Attention
•The 10 Best Resources for CSS
•The 3 Best Website Traffic Sources
•The 5 Biggest Mistakes Almost All Web Designers Make
•The Click Fraud Problem
•The Five Ways You Should Be Using Keywords
•The Three Principles Of Image Optimization
•Top 5 Secrets to Making Money with Adsense
•True Paid Inclusion Programs are a Thing of the Past
•Understanding Web Logs And Why it Matters
Web Hosting Tips for Webmasters -
7 Sure shots ways to improve your website
7 Sure shots ways to improve your website
By Craig Dawber | On September 10, 2005
· Logo design A well designed and thought out logo plays a very important role in projecting a professional image of the company. The company logo is present on all representations and communications of the company. As a result, the logo is the first glimpse of the company that a prospect or a customer gets. First impression is the last impression. Very often people form their opinion about the company based on this first glimpse. Considering its importance, it would be foolish to compromise on logo design and have a cheaply turned out and unprofessional looking logo. This kind of logo is sure to make people think twice about working with your company, as they may take it for an inefficiently run amateur enterprise with limited capabilities. Therefore, it is important to evaluate the logo, and if it needs improvement, then to engage the services of a good logo designer to do the job professionally. You will be surprised at the change a good company logo can bring about in peoples perception about the company. A good looking and professional logo also generates confidence in the people towards the company.
· Technical correctness All information available on the website must be technically correct without any grammatical or spelling errors in it. Otherwise, people would not take the website seriously and professionally. There is nothing, which is sure to harm a website than wrongly spelt words and grammatical errors. When people see these kinds of mistakes, they take the website to be an unprofessional attempt by a novice. This problem is solvable by using the services of a technical reviewer to check whether the content is correct or not. While various editing tools available nowadays are good for dealing with spelling, grammar and typographical errors. However, they forget that these mistakes can also happen due to other reasons such as typing too fast or because one has forgotten to use the editing tool etc. Therefore, it would be advisable to be cautious and not leave anything to chance.
· HTML validation The same correctness should also be there in the programming and coding of the website. With content errors, a website may continue to function but with programming errors, the site will simply not work. In addition, there are strong chances that the search engines would reject sites, which have programming and coding errors in them. This problem can however be solved by using the services of a good HTML validator to check the code. Such tools quickly reveal any coding errors that are there in the website. One such tool is the built-in html validator found in Allaire's Home Site Pro. Others similar tools are available on http://www.htmlvalidator.com.
· Contact information Contact information is very important to conduct business. All website visitors should have easy access to this contact information at any point. One can employ various ways to supply this information. You can put address and phone numbers in short on every page, on top or bottom of the page. In addition, you can give the contact information in detail, on the contact page. The contact page can also have a form through which people could send you their queries and contact information, for your follow up action.
· Order form Many times visitors to the website would want to place an order online. For such customers an order form should always be readily available on the website. This order form should be professional, well thought out, user-friendly and efficient so that the ordering process goes through smoothly. To make the order form easy for people to fill up, it should be short asking only the relevant questions. People are less likely to fill up a lengthy order form. The website should always display an updated order form with current dates and information such as the number of years for the credit card validity. In addition, there should be no frivolous links or banners on this order form.
· Update your website frequently The same rule that works for credit card expiry also applies to the rest of the website. Whatever information is available on the website should be current. At no point should visitors feel that the information is stale and no one is managing the site. This is particularly evident in case of dates and years for example, the copyright year.
· Optimizing the images Images or graphics look very nice on any site. However, images and graphics take time to load due to their file size. As a result, to display graphics and images on a website it is important to optimise them. In the process of optimization, images are compressed to reduce file size through any good compression software such as Ulead Smart Saver. In addition, one can also include the size of the image in the html image tag so that the rest of the page continues to load while the image is opening.
While developing and updating the website it will be great to try to use these points. These points are sure to bring about a dynamic change in the look, content and efficiency of the website.
Craig Dawber is editor and publisher of Smarket Home Business Tips Newsletter:http://www.smarket-associates.com For a company that DOES provide support, easy to follow training and a duplicatable system join my team below:
For more articles on this topic and others visit http://www.article-directory.net